Located in the heart of Richmond’s historic Fan District, Ms. Babs’ Nursery School is well equipped to give your child a safe, comfortable and diverse environment for structured activities, indoor and outdoor play, meals and snacks, and quiet time.
- Walled-in playground on a double-sized fan lot
- Personal coat racks and cubbies for each child
- Dining areas on each of our three levels
- Three classrooms
- Three age-specific activity rooms
- Age-specific toilet facilities
- Reading room
- Vegetable garden—the kids adore gardening!
- Spacious staircase with landings and double handrails
Fully Equipped Kitchen
No child goes hungry at Ms. Babs’. Our fully equipped kitchen is run by Ms. Babs’, Ms. Ulrika and Mr. Joe, providing hearty, wholesome meals with fresh ingredients on a daily basis. Recently spotlighted by the Richmond Times-Dispatch, our “open-kitchen policy” results in full bellies that give us happy, content children who learn better.
A typical weekly lunch menu includes meatloaf with mashed potatoes and gravy, beef stews and potpies, chicken fried rice, skillet-baked frittatas with spinach and ham and cheese, fish tacos and more. And we do not shy from exposing our children to non-traditional meals including matzo ball soup and even corned beef and cabbage in honor of St. Patrick’s Day!